6pm Wednesday 5 August
Embassy of China, 49 Portland Place, London W1B 1JL
Socially-distanced protest at the Chinese embassy, for the rights of the Uyghur people in East Turkestan (Xinjiang, north-west China). This is a monthly protest on the 5th – we’re back after a pause due to COVID-19.
Join us to demand of the Chinese state:
- Stop the genocide: end forced sterilisation and forced contraception
- Close the concentration camps and free the prisoners
- Stop the forced labour enslavement of Uyghur workers
- Stop the violent abuse, the surveillance, the harassment and the political, cultural and religious repression
- Return Uyghur children taken from their families
- Recognise the Uyghur people’s democratic right to determine their own future
Please help us protect everyone from the coronavirus:
- WEAR A MASK
- BRING YOUR HAND SANITISER
- HOUSEHOLDS KEEP APART
- DO NOT ATTEND IF SOMEONE IN YOUR HOUSEHOLD IS VULNERABLE OR HAS HAD CORONAVIRUS SYMPTOMS IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS
The Uyghur Solidarity Campaign UK brings together solidarity in the UK workers’ movement in support of the Uyghur people’s struggle for freedom.